| Ultimate Live Chat Documentation - Joomla! Installation Steps|| || |
Page 2 of 12
Joomla! Installation Steps JLive! Chat natively integrates into Joomla! CMS. Joomla! users don't have to copy and paste the HTML code displayed on our download page into their website manually. Instead, simply install the component, plugin, and module and everything is done automatically!
- Download and install the JLive! Chat Joomla! Component, Plugin, and Module from our download page onto your Joomla! website. You can install the component, plugin and module by going to Extensions -> Install/Uninstall from within your Joomla! administrator.
- Register or login to your Ultimate Live Chat account and proceed to your "My Live Chat Websites" section and copy your livechat instance's API Key to your clipboard, by highlighting the entire key and right clicking on it then selecting Copy.
- Proceed to your JLive! Chat settings page on your Joomla! website by going to Components -> JLive! Chat -> Settings -> Advanced from the top menu within your Joomla! administrator. Then paste the API Key you copied on step 2 into the "Hosted Mode API Key" field and click save.
- Now you can create a livechat link from within your Menu Manager or you can publish a online/offline image from within your Module Manager.
- Proceed to download your operator access key by going to the "My Live Chat Websites" section and clicking on the "Manage" link to the right of your livechat instance. From within your Operators page, click the "Download Operator Access Key" button to download your operator access key file. You can also create/edit/delete any operators from within this page as well.
- Download and install the JLive! Chat desktop app onto your computer from Step 1 on our download section.
- Add your operator access key file to the JLive! Chat desktop application, by going to File -> My Websites -> New from within the desktop application. That's it, you're all done!
| Last Updated on Saturday, 01 December 2012 19:26|